At Davey Black we take the health and wellness of each of our members very seriously. We continue to monitor the updates and recommendations set out by health organisations. At this stage we will continue to run our squad sessions, strength & conditioning classes and Yoga Studio as normal. Every Triathlon Coach, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Female Personal Trainer Melbourne (Pregnancy classes) and Yoga Teacher has been informed and will help guide you should you have any further questions.
We have implemented some internal policies to ensure that the highest hygiene levels are being met and maintained so that we can continue to train and stay fit and healthy while protecting those vulnerable members of society who this illness may affect detrimentally.
If you are a fit and healthy individual, you have very little to worry about. But our staff and clients associate with immunocompromised or elderly people at home and at work, so we need to maintain the highest cleanliness standards possible to help reduce the risk of these vulnerable groups from contracting this virus. If you are sick or have been potentially exposed to an infectious agent then please do not attend the studio or squad training. Based on medical advice, you may follow your program at your own venue or at home on a wind trainer etc. If you have any need for a session change, Coach Steve is more than happy to update your programmed sessions to suit your conditions and location options.
If you do present to a session with any signs of illness, you will be kindly asked to return home, so please do not be offended. Please understand that our staff are following internal protocol based on health organisations recommendations to uphold our social responsibility to slow the spread of this virus. If you are asked to return home, you will be offered a full refund and an additional session which you can use at a later date once the current situation is under control.
I ask that all of you follow the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines for basic protective measures against the new coronavirus:
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
- Follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Regularly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash your hands with soap and water, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of used tissues immediately and appropriately in a bin.
Additionally, some internal practices that have been implemented around our specific industry:
- Davey Black staff will be wiping down all mats, equipment and door handles with alcohol based spray >60% after each session.
- It has been recommended to staff to limit physical contact between themselves and clients as a precaution. This is to prevent our staff members from carrying any potential infection from the infected person to all other clients in the class.
- All outdoor sessions will be held in open areas away from large crowds.
- We will follow all additional recommendations and instructions from our governing bodies Triathlon Australia & Triathlon Victoria.
Thank you all for your diligence with this. If we can slow the spread of the virus, then those who genuinely require medical assistance will be able to access it in a timely manner.
Otherwise, please continue to practice and train as you normally would to maintain a healthy body and mind through these interesting times.