OUR NEW YOGA STUDIO WILL BE READY IN AUGUST 2019
- All classes start on time, please arrive 5 minutes before the start to sign in and set up your mat and props.
- If it is your first class, please arrive 10 or 15 minutes in advance to talk to your instructor.
- Phones must be turned OFF before entering the studio.
- Zen Zone. Keep your voice low & move around quietly.
- Upon arrival, please let the teacher know if you have any injuries, pregnancy or anything that requires specific attention.
- Please, listen to tour body and approach your personal practice from a safe perspective. Your instructor will give you options that you are invited to take, but you know your body best.
- If you hired a studio mat, please clean it before you leave.
- If you are pregnant, we encourage you to take a private lesson to learn modifications before joining a regular class or take a look at our prenatal course.
FIRST TIME PRACTISING YOGA?
Feel free to talk to any of our instructors about your goals and ask any questions regarding the practice and the different classes. All our classes are safe for beginners, our instructors are qualified to help you throughout your journey. Nevertheless, there are some classes that go at a faster pace than others.
We recommend that you start with the slow pace classes to get used to the nature of the instructions and practice. Soon you will be start feeling more and more confident to join the fast paced classes.
SLOW FLOW: MIX OF HATHA AND VINYASA AT A SLOW PACE
During these classes you will be guided through a sequence of poses designed to build your strength and flexibility in an almost meditative pace, holding postures for a few breaths and slowly moving to the next one.
These classes will help you to SLOW DOWN mindfully while working on your deepest tissues and calming your mind.
STRONG FLOW: MIX OF HATHA, ASHTANGA AND VINYASA
These classes are designed to give your muscles a work out and improve your balance and flexibility through dynamic sequences. You can expect sun salutations to warm up and prepare your body and sequences with specific target areas; core, legs, shoulders, etc.
BRO YOGA: MIX OF FLOW AND VINYASA
This is our male only class. Men are guided by a male instructor to follow a sequence of postures specifically designed to get your body moving, increasing flexibility and strength through rhythmic breathing.
Regardless of your age when you start yoga, you will soon see results and walk out of every class feeling stronger, more focused and lighter, even if you have never done any yoga before.
Every class is different, and all levels are welcome.
BLACK YOGA: MIX OF HATHA VINYASA, YIN AND FASCIA RELEASE
This is our signature class and it is more like a yoga lab. We choose a different theme for every week, it could be an area of your body: hips, shoulders, hamstrings, etc. or a specific yoga pose, and we build up a sequence to target that focus.
We will use the help of yoga props and massage balls.
You will gain an insight about the way the body moves and how to optimize each movement for better results.
Please note that these classes are 90 minutes long.
Get personalized attention. Slow down to just your speed, get higher detail and deeper understanding of your personal practice with a one on one session.
- General yoga classes: focus on your alignment, develop flexibility and strength according to your own body and personal goals.
- Pre and post natal: nurture your body and connect with your baby. It is a great option for the experienced yogini who wants to learn modifications to join regular flow classes.
- Mindfulness meditation: find a space to unwind, relax and restore. Learn to develop a mindfulness self practice.
- Yoga Nidra: It is both a deep relaxation and a meditation practice done from a lying down position. It’s also one of the easiest relaxation and meditation techniques, making it suitable for all levels of experience. It has many health benefits like alleviating stress, tension, anxiety and insomnia.
PRENATAL YOGA: PRENATAL GENTLE FLOW, PRANAYAMA AND MEDITATION
Our prenatal yoga course is designed for the mum to be in her 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy. It runs for 8 weeks and it will give you amazing tools to use during pregnancy and labour. Our classes provide a safe, nurturing space to embrace your new stage in life and connect with your growing baby.
Our specialized instructors will guide you through a holistic practice that will help you maintain your health and well-being during pregnancy and help you develop skills that you can use during labour.
What to expect:
- Pranayama: breathing practices for relaxation & pain management
- Meditation: to connect with yourself and your baby
- Concentration techniques: to focus your mind and help with pain management during labour
- Asanas: physical postures for strength, endurance and flexibility
- Tips that you can share with your support person / partner to help you through this time
- A nurturing environment that will help you connect with other pregnant women in your local community
- Small groups
This course is open to all pregnant ladies with previous approval from a physician. We strongly encourage experienced practitioners to take the course before joining regular classes